Dear PS 130 Parents and Guardians,
A warm welcome to the 2019-20 school year at PS 130 the Parkside School! Whether it’s your child’s first year stepping into a pre-K classroom or final year as a Parkside 5th grader, we’re so glad you’re part of our community and we’re excited to work together.
YOU ARE THE PTA! As parents/guardians, we are all automatically members of the PS 130 Parent Teacher Association. Our PTA is a dynamic group of volunteer parents dedicated to nurturing our children’s intellectual, social, and emotional growth.
YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE PTA WILL IMPROVE THE LIVES & EDUCATION OF THE 880+ STUDENTS THAT ATTEND PS 130. This year, our PTA will spend more than $230,000, which is over $250 per child, on programming that will enhance teaching and learning. From Art and Music to Science and Literacy, we aim to provide a broad base of educational enrichments that will benefit all learning styles and interests.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your direct support is crucial. Each fall, we ask for gifts to our Annual Appeal, which is the PTA’s single largest source of funding. This year we ask your family to contribute $250 per child who attends PS130 – the equivalent of $25 per month per child for the school year. Please know that ANY amount your family can give is vital. Diversity is a great strength of this community and we appreciate that not all families can make the same contribution. If your family is in a position to provide additional support, please consider doing so. By doubling or tripling your gift, you can do even more to nurture the educational needs of all children at PS 130.
PLEASE GIVE TODAY! Contributions are tax-deductible and there are three ways to give:
- Via PayPal at www.ps130pta.org
- Spread out your support over the year by making monthly, recurring payments via PayPal.
- Via cash/check payable to “PS 130 PTA.” Return the attached envelope by putting it in the PTA mailbox located in the main office or your child’s homework folder.
It takes every one of us to make a difference; we hope to see you out in the school yards!
Liz Edmund and Nate Gray, Co-Presidents
Lisa Jackson Zelznick, Fundraising
P.S. 130 PTA
* Don’t forget to check with your employer to see if they will match your contribution.
Art & Music
- Bringing Artists into Classrooms
- Performances & Workshops
- Art Box Supplies
- Instrument Repair & Maintenance
- Digital Arts Center
Science & Math
- NEW Science Curriculum!
- Bio-Bus Visits
- NEW “FabLab” MakerSpace
- Chess in the Schools
Recreation & Wellness
- 4 Coaches to lead recess activities
- Play & Safety Equipment
- Lice Prevention
Reading & Writing
- One-on-One Reading Support
- Library Books & Assistant Librarian Salaries
- Bringing Authors into Classrooms
- Writing Program with 826NYC
- Classroom Supplies and Resources
- Discretionary Funds for Teachers, Aides, Staff, and Administrators
- Professional Development & Training
- Orton-Gillingham Teacher Training
- Events & Festivals
- 5th Grade Graduation & Celebrations
- Garden & Building Maintenance
- Communications (School Messenger, Translation, and Postage)
USE THESE BUTTONS BEFORE YOU SHOP TO EARN EXTRA MONEY FOR OUR SCHOOL!
Instead of typing in “amazon.com,” click an Amazon button on our PTA’s website to navigate to amazon’s site. You’ll find the exact same Amazon website, except that a percentage of your purchase(s) will be donated to our PTA.
Amazon’s site will look the same as always and you will not see or receive any notification that you are in the PS130 portal. However, as long as you navigate to Amazon’s website using one of the buttons on our PTA’s website, our PTA will receive a percentage of every purchase you make after such navigation.
- Bookmark the homepage of PS 130 PTA’s website and click on that instead of amazon when navigating from a desktop computer or iPhone.
- Once you arrive at the amazon site, you do not need to re-navigate from the PTA’s website when adding additional items to your basket.
- If you leave amazon without completing your purchase and return later to add more items, navigate via the PTA’s website.
Bookmark the link so you’ll remember to use it every time you shop. You can also pass on this info to grandparents and other family and friends who might like to contribute.
Shutterfly and Tinyprints
Shutterfly and Tinyprints will donate 13% of proceeds when you shop though our school’s storefront!
Go to our Storefront: http://ps130.shutterflystorefront.com/
Click through to Shutterfly.com or Tinyprints and start shopping
Make a purchase
You can still use any promo’s that are being advertised on the Shutterfly site.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Help earn money for our school through the Box Tops for Education program!
- Look for the Box Tops logo on dozens of products. Here’s a complete list.
- Clip the logos before you toss your empty packages, then collect them in a ziplock bag or envelope. (Be sure to take out any expired ones.)
- Place them in the Box Top folders in either main office.
FAIRWAY COMMUNITY PARTNERS
Fairway Community Partners cards went home in backpacks. Use yours every time you shop at Fairway, and they will donate a portion of your purchases to our school. Plus keep an eye out on Facebook and in our weekly newsletter for info on quarterly “Double Days,” when the donation is doubled. If you don’t have a card, pick one up at either main office.
FOLEY FIRS CHRISTMAS TREES
Last year our school raised $200 with a Christmas Tree fundraiser organized by Foley Firs. Check out the selection at Foley Firs on 8th Street and 8th Avenue, and if you buy a tree and mention PS 130 they will donate to our school! They have three varieties of super-fresh trees with free delivery and setup.